Essential pieces for your winter wardrobe
Winter fashion is all about being warm while remaining stylish. We spoke to two of King William Road’s fashion experts, Simmy Roberts from The Ark and Em Hardy from Denim Iniquity about the new trends you can expect to see.
Simmy said this year it’s all about the detail, “think subtle bell sleeves, intriguing cuff details, versatile neckties and luxurious fabrics.”
While, Em said that we are seeing a return to the power suit – both in Australia and overseas.
“For those who followed Mercedes Benz Fashion Week in late May, there was a huge resurgence to the double-breasted blazer.”
And what about this winter’s colour palette?
“Deep jewel tones such as bronze and petrol will bring warmth to your winter wardrobe, or for those who prefer a softer look, grey marle and blush hues are really in this year,” Simmy said.
While Em said this season we will be tempted by khaki, burgundy and even a touch of navy to highlight the wardrobe, but of course the classics in black, white and grey are essentials.
So, with this season’s trends in mind, what are Simmy and Em’s top 10 must-have pieces for your winter wardrobe?
- Statement coat – not only will a streamlined coat keep you warm through winter, it elevates your casual jean and sweater outfit, and gives an ultra-chic coverage over a dress.
- Classic white shirt – nothing is more sophisticated than a white-button down shirt. Pair effortlessly with a pair of jeans or tailored pants.
- Go-to-jeans – denim jeans are the cornerstones of every wardrobe. This year it’s all about the straight-leg style.
- Mohair knit – a cozy mohair knit works with everything – a pair of jeans on the weekend, worn with tailored trousers for the office, or with a pleated, feminine skirt for a night out.
- Scarf – a beautiful scarf is the ideal way of completing your look and tying your outfit together.
- Blazer – a classic blazer adds a tailored edge to any look.
- Graphic tee – a fun addition when worn with sneakers and jeans, or dress to impress under a statement suit.
- Leather jacket – a classic investment piece, leather is stylish and durable to last a lifetime. The ultimate leather jacket can be worn with almost anything.
- High-rise pant – flattering and comfortable, the high-rise style elongates almost any shape.
- Mid length boot – the new on-trend length of boot finishes just above the ankle, fitting perfectly under a cropped pant, or with a pleat skirt for a feminine touch.
Now you know your must have wardrobe items for winter, you’re ready to go shopping at King William Road’s fashion boutiques.