MAINSTREET PROJECT & COMMUNITY MANAGER
Contractual position, immediate start
15 hours per week at $37,500 p/annum
The King William Road Traders Association Inc. (KWRTA) is the peak body that represents and co-ordinates the marketing and communication activities of this vibrant main street shopping precinct comprising of near 150 businesses and traders. Reporting to the Chair and Executive Committee of the KWRTA, the Main Street Project & Community Manager is tasked with implementing the street’s strategic and marketing plans.
The Mainstreet Project & Community Manager will seek out, develop and build ongoing relationships, on behalf of the KWRTA, with interested individuals and companies who may assist with development and promotion of the precinct. In addition to the marketing function, the role requires the organisation and facilitation of bi-monthly committee meetings and the reporting and presentation of the KWRTA’s financial and business affairs.
The Mainstreet Project & Community Manager can work from home office or other locations as directed. Out of business hours work may be required for meetings, training and special events from time to time, to which sufficient notice will be provided. On-street presence is expected on a weekly basis.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare and implement the KWRTA strategic and marketing plans.
- Oversee and manage supply partners, including social media agency and event management.
- Production and management of marketing materials, branding, promotion, advertising, events, sponsorships,activations and projects.
- Content creation in line with marketing strategy.
- Build a strong and inclusive rapport with all traders and build relationships with property owners, real estateagents and prospective businesses to assist in building the precinct’s retail mix.
- Facilitate bi-monthly meetings with the Executive Committee, plus additional meetings with association members, traders and other stakeholders as required.
- Provide administrative support to the committee members including financial and management reports.
- Budget management and reporting.
DESIRABLE KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Diploma or degree in marketing, PR or communications (or equivalent).
- Stakeholder engagement.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Project management experience.
- Precinct and or local government experience.
The contract position is a marketing and administration position that requires a diverse skill set. The role is responsible
for the planning and development of various marketing activities including events, promotions, advertising and social
media. This is done in close partnership with stakeholders including the traders, the City of Unley, property owners
and the precincts supply partners.
How to apply?
Applications can apply by submitting their CV along with an email outlining their top 3 skills that they will be bring to the role along with the details of who has referred them to the position.
Emails can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: Application: Mainstreet Coordinator 2020
APPLICATIONS DUE: 5pm, Tuesday 25th February 2020.