A series of free, family fun events designed to help families and pre-school children enjoy reading books together.
- Sundays 10am-11am for for pre-schoolers and grown-ups together.
- Story telling sessions that come alive, and turn into fun, interactive experiences designed to help families enjoy reading together
- Parents will improve their skills at reading with children, helping them both grow to love the joy of reading a story, together and by themselves
- Activities will enable parents and children to become artists, hug a dog, feed a possum, make a puppet and explore monsters like never before.
- Themes subject to confirmation, but this is what we have planned in the coming weeks :
- Sunday 10/2 : Meet Therapy Dogs and enjoy dog stories
- Sunday 17/2 : Become a gallery artist – create dot art and post it note art, while reading indigenous stories
- Sunday 24/2 : Good Morning Yoga – yoga for children and parents together (thanks to Exhale Yoga), while reading yoga/mindfulness stories
Future sessions will include “Monstgergami” combining monster stories and origami, Grubs and Garth – combining the book with The very hungry caterpillar tasting plates
How to book:
- Parents need to book for each session by phoning Dymocks on 8271 8514 or popping into the shop – 147 King William Road Hyde Park
The program has the support of the City of Unley and the
King William Road Traders Association